Are you interested in living in Australia?
Australia is a fantastic place to work and live. Australia is a developed country which is expanding and has a high demand for skilled workers. Australia is roughly the same area as the USA however Australia's population is only 25 million people compared with 325 million in the USA. This makes the lifestyle more pleasant and relaxed than in the USA.
The Australian government runs a work visa program to allow skilled workers to come to live and work in Australia. There are many different work visas.
Work visas require either:
- Business sponsorship; or
- State/Territory sponsorship; or
- No sponsorship at all (independent visas).
Let's start with a list of some of the benefits of living in Australia:
- Voted best cities in the world - According to the annual Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2018 rankings, Australian cities - Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide are within the top 10 most liveable cities in the world.
- Nature, wildlife & destinations - Australia is truly a spectacular country with amazing natural beauty, wildlife and some of the best holiday destinations in the world ranging from the Great Barrier Reef to mountains and ski fields to incredible city beaches.
- Multiculturalism - Australia is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. This makes it easier to make new friends.
- Safe country - Australia is a safe and peaceful place to live. Compared to other developed countries, Australia has a very low crime rate and strict gun control laws.
- Job opportunities - Australia has better job opportunities than many other developed countries. There are work opportunities across multiple industries. The pay is great and the standard of living is high.
- Great education- Australia has 7 of the top 100 universities in the world.
- Democracy - Australia is a democracy which gives you the freedom to work at any company that wants your help.
- Personal freedom - There is equality in sex, race, religion, sexual preference etc. This means companies do not unfairly decide against people just because they are from overseas.
- Healthcare - Australia has free public healthcare for citizens. This health care system has an international reputation with global leaders in many areas of healthcare.
- Low population density - Australia is roughly the same size as the USA, Australia has a low density population with only 25 million people.
- Economic climate - Australia currently is the world's 13th biggest economy. Australian businesses pay high salaries and have great working conditions. Matters such as safety of employees, job satisfaction and fair pay are a key part of the Australian way of life.
- Great public transport - All Australian capital cities have public transport.
- Climate - Australia enjoys great weather all year round.
- Fresh air & water - Australia experiences some of the cleanest air to breathe in the world and the water is safe to drink from the tap! These things will contribute to you (and any family you bring with you) enjoying a happy and healthy life.
There are many different Australian work visas and they all have different rules.
Check out our General Skilled Migration (GSM) page for detailed information about work visas that use the skilled points test as a way of calculating your eligibility.
Check out our Work Sponsored visas page page for detailed information about visas that require you to be sponsored by a business in Australia.
Check out our Business Sponsor page if you are a business in Australia and you are looking for information related to sponsoring employees on visas.
If your not sure what visa is best for you, feel free to get in touch with our immigration lawyers and agents.
Why use Opening Australia?
The team at Opening Australia consist of Immigration Lawyers, registered Australian education agents and migration agents. We are registered with the Australian government and qualified and experienced to help you move to Australia.
If working in Australia is something that you and your family want, Opening Australia offers a personalised visa assessment which sets out all of your work visa options that may be available to you at this point in time.
Immigration Services - Personalised visa assessment
We provide a personalised visa assessment which determines your visa options. This is a comprehensive visa assessment service and our fee is $500AUD (plus GST if you are in Australia).
If it is discovered that you do not have any work visa options available to you at this point in time, you will be given clear information about what you can do to meet the eligibility criteria in the future (for example - you may have to obtain a certain score in an English test, or you may have to continue working for another year in your current occupation). In short, we will help you.
Complimentary listing on our Jobs In Australia page
If you have engaged our services for a personalised visa assessment and we determine that you are eligible for a work visa to Australia, you may ask us to list your work profile on our Jobs In Australia page for free.
We are happy to link you to businesses in Australia who are looking for employees with your skills.
We do not charge any fee for the purposes of finding you employment. Your work profile on our Jobs In Australia page is listed free of charge.
Any recruitment service fees will be paid for by the Australian business employing you.
Why a Jobs In Australia page?
Opening Australia works with Australian businesses across a wide range of industries from professional services to construction industries. We are constantly asked by our business clients if we know any skilled workers.
Guaranteed Job Offer
We are so confident that businesses in Australia will want you that we offer a 100% money back guarantee of our professional fees that you have paid for a personalised visa assessment if you do not receive a job offer from a business in Australia within 9 months from the date that your work profile was listed on our Jobs In Australia page.
To be eligible all of the following must be true:
- You have paid us for a personalised visa assessment; and
- We determine that you are fully eligible for a work visa (482,186,189,190); and
- You provided us the information necessary to list your profile on our Jobs In Australia page; and
- You do not receive a job offer from a business in Australia within 9 months from the date that your work profile was listed on our Jobs In Australia page.
We have put together a comprehensive Work in Australia Package which goes into detail about work visa options. If you are interested in learning much more about working in Australia, contact us today for your copy of our Work in Australia Package.
An employment placement service must not charge a job seeker a fee for the purpose of finding the job seeker employment; an employment placement service must not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as advertising a position as being available when the agency knows no such position exists or knowingly giving misleading information to a job seeker about the nature of a position); and if a job seeker believes that an employment placement service has acted inappropriately, the job seeker may contact NSW Fair Trading for information on possible action that may be taken. We always recommend contacting the placement service provider first as this may lead to a faster resolution of your complaint.
"The team at Opening Australia were excellent throughout. They explained precisely what was required from me at the very start, ensuring my application had the highest chance of acceptance by guiding me through each stage, from reference requirements, to medical and insurance requirements. Their attention to detail was superb and I felt like they really cared about the acceptance of the Visa. I'm delighted to have had my application approved within 2 weeks, which is a testament to the professionalism of the team at Opening Australia"